Unhealthy workers experience decreased productivity and increased health care expenses, both of which negatively impact your bottom line. Consider these recent findings:
- Productivity losses linked to absenteeism cost employers nearly $1,700 per employee yearly.
- Inactive adults spend on average over $1,000 more on their health care annually than active adults.
- Obesity-related health care costs exceed $150 billion each year.
The Healthier You library offers digital access to timely articles, videos, blogs, and tips developed by Johns Hopkins experts for the healthy woman and for everyone who wants to enjoy healthy aging, a healthy heart, and healthy sleep. Healthier You also features an annual wellness calendar, with seasonal information and a wide range of health resources.
- Create a happier, less stressful and better work environment.
Employees with a strong culture of health at work were more likely to report being happy, less likely to report that stress has a negative impact on their work, and less likely to cite the work environment as an obstacle to good health.
- Enjoy their jobs more and stay in their jobs longer.
Employees who feel supported by their employers are more likely to want to keep their jobs and will help attract and retain the best employees. In fact, 64% of employees in workplaces that promote a culture of health intended to stay with their companies at least five years.
- Are good for business.
Companies that have exemplary safety, health, and environmental programs outperformed the S&P 500 companies by between 3% and 5%.
- Are more engaged.
Employers who have a healthy and highly engaged workforce enjoy higher profitability and customer ratings, lower employee turnover, fewer accidents, greater productivity, and improved quality.
- Healthy Woman: Your source for guidance, nutrition, reproductive health, stress-busters and more
- Healthy Heart: Learn how to eat smart and increase your activity
- Healthy Aging: Your guide to expert information on healthy living and caregiving
- Healthy Sleep: Learn how to get a better, more restful night’s sleep
A digital and printable monthly and yearly calendar, with seasonal articles, resources and health tips to follow and share throughout your organization.
WHY CHOOSE A JOHNS HOPKINS SOLUTION?
For nearly 130 years, Johns Hopkins has led the way in both biomedical discovery and health care, establishing the standard by which others follow and build upon. This is one of many faculty-developed programs, protocols and services provided by Johns Hopkins HealthCare Solutions to improve health outcomes and reduce the cost of care.
Contact us to learn more about this solution and how it can benefit your organization.