An evidence-based checklist used to assess fall risk in the health care setting.
THE JOHNS HOPKINS
Fall Risk Assessment Tool
Falls are a common cause of injury, both within and outside of health care settings. According to the CDC, in 2013, falls among older adults cost the U.S. health care system $34 billion in direct medical costs. With the population again, both the number of falls and the costs to treat fall injuries are likely to increase, requiring hospitals to develop effective fall prevention strategies.
The Johns Hopkins Fall Risk Assessment Tool (JHFRAT) is an evidence-based fall safety initiative. The risk stratification tool is highly effective when combined with a comprehensive protocol, and fall-prevention products and technologies. Hospitals and other health care organizations can take steps to prevent falls among their patients by implementing the JHFRAT toolkit.
- Standardizes assessment of fall risk
- Improves hospital and patient safety
- Adaptable to fit the specific needs and guidelines of your hospital or setting
The JHFRAT toolkit is designed to help reduce falls during hospitalization and include:
- Johns Hopkins Fall Risk Assessment Tool
- License to use the JHFRAT at your hospital, either embedded into your EMR or in paper format
- The Johns Hopkins Fall Prevention Guidelines by Risk Category
- Two publications by Johns Hopkins experts about the effectiveness of the tool
- 15-minute online training module describing the development of the JHFRAT, instructions for effective use and a description of its effectiveness
- Unlimited access for your hospital’s staff to the online training module
WHY CHOOSE A JOHNS HOPKINS SOLUTION?
For nearly 130 years, Johns Hopkins has led the way in both biomedical discovery and health care, establishing the standard by which others follow and build upon. This is one of many faculty-developed programs, protocols and services provided by Johns Hopkins HealthCare Solutions to improve health outcomes and reduce the cost of care.
Contact us to learn more about this solution and how it can benefit your organization.